Krems city park is the largest coherent green space next to the city centre with a total area of 31.055 m². In March 1880 the local council decided to establish a new park by application of the 1. Union of urban beautification of Krems within the town-expansion in the open space in the Western outskirts of the city.
On former alluvium land of the Danube the city park was planted in a nearly twenty year term (1880- 1899) with domestic and also exotic conifers and deciduous trees. In the Northern part an elaborate, monumental fountain built of die- cast zinc was erected, but it was substituted in 1962 by a simple modern trick- fountain. In the southern part the architectonic valuable pavilion (designed in art nouveau- style by Josef Utz jun. and built in 1898) survived.
Krems city park is an important public green area is not only used for recreation and recreation by the citizens and tourists but also used for several socio-cultural and sports events and for meetings.